Sunday 13 Nov is one of the most exciting days in the year – Gift Day!
The Gospel is a story of outrageous generosity. And God invites us, through the Gospel, into a life of generosity. As Jesus catches us up in the wonder of relationship with Him we find that generosity becomes a key part of our worship. We get to partner with Jesus through our time, our energy and our resources.
Think about it like this:
- Any abilities we use to earn money were given to us by God
- Any provision we have received was given to us by God
- He invites us to give back to him, trusting that He will multiply our ability to be generous
- He treats our giving as an investment in eternity – our giving is ‘credited’ back to us.
What we’re giving to
Sacrificial giving isn’t just an opportunity to give our selfishness a beating (though it really is that!) – we also get to make a difference. This year there are a several areas where our Gift Day giving will make a difference:
- the majority of our Gift Day giving will go towards the everyday running costs of Trinity, which our regular giving doesn’t yet cover. This includes venue rental, employee salaries and expenses for various church ministries like Kids, Hospitality and Worship. This sounds mundane but it is vital to the mission of Trinity Central.
- as part of our belief that we are ‘together on a mission’, we are excited to use Gift Day donations to kickstart our new UBC Sunday evening meeting which will incur its own costs for venue rental, advertising, teas and coffees, etc.;
- finally, we are committed to setting aside 15 percent of the Gift Day donations for the following:
- supporting apostolic work within ChristCentral;
- giving locally to the poor;
- putting aside “seed money” in faith for a work in Trinity Central that cares for the poor – we don’t know what it is yet but we’re believing God for it.
We are confident that as we give in faith God will multiply it and bless abundantly both the givers and the receivers. Join us as we believe God that He can do amazing things through our generosity. Let’s give sacrificially to see God’s Kingdom advancing and let’s trust God that He will supply our needs according to His riches in glory.
How can I give?
The easiest way to give is online through our webpage. Make sure to select “Gift Day” under “Giving Type”. You can also give on Sunday, November 13 and 20 by cash or cheque – please use a giving envelope and indicate on the envelope that the money is for Gift Day.